View Single Post
Old 19-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #163
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

Big thanks to good old EBAY . I rang two local Ford dealership parts departments in the past week for the following .

Gas Struts for AU Falcon with spoiler and the pivot studs .

Best price for the struts was $140 and for the pivot ball only , not the stud as they're no longer available was $13 excluding postage . Hmmm.

Got on EBAY ,. Found the gas struts to suit Ford Falcon AU 1-2-3 built between 1998 and 2002 for sedan and for those with the spoiler for , wait for it , wait for it .......$35 , free postage too . Then I found the 10mm studs and pivot balls for $5.75 for 6mm thread or 8mm thread , so I got a pair of both for the same cost as what Ford wanted for the pivot ball only wqhich is useless anyway without the stud . I'd already sourced two new steering dust boots for same Falcon via EBAY for $18 for the pair and free postage .

Yesterday they arrived , so did the gas struts ant the pivots should be here Monday according to the tracking info .

This morning I tried one of the gas struts on the yet to let go side of the boot lid and fits into the ball socket fine behind the retaining clips . Although a bit of sloppiness that's due to the buggered pivot ball that's slightly better than the broken one on the other side . The new one will fit fine .

This is why Ford ****s me so often with the prices and growing frustration but faith restored when many items not specifically genuine required can be found via online retail or outright EBAY etc ...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: