View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #11
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Does any body know how Allan Moffat is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi Mick,
I am not sure how old you are but I am now 61 years old and a lot of things have changed and some not for the better.

I think Moffat and Brock were in the a world of there own. Two top class drivers when they raced at Bathurst against each other going for it flat out and it was great to watch.

They never punted each other off the track just clean fast racing. Both drivers easy on the car.

I once drove a mates XY GT falcon but not a GTHO its a big heavy car with no power Steering and heaps of grunt and not much stopping power. That was on the road not a race track .

What ever happens to Allan Moffat in the future I think he will be remembered as one of the best Ford drivers ever to race in Australia and when on the race track he was tough as nails to beat.
Them were the Hey days from 1968 on and I do not remember anyone from kids to grand mothers that did not find Bathurst a big deal it was like a religion with all going and the banter between Holden and Ford not to mention even some Valiant fans ! I loved every bit of it all back them days, but sadly I can't stand any of the new type racing nowadays as it has nothing to do with what that type of racing was all about.
Spectators would be really devoted to such and you could real whine them up in an instant on the track side and get a emotional response back, it was f ing truly classic ! I am still laughing at some of the responses we got back, I will say to one who was their at the time remember that dude, and we will laugh that hard, oh the story's.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote