View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #994
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Wow its become a real "look at me" game nowadays.
The pecking order in cara parks is massive more than ever lol......
Love watching it.
Agreed, we spent the weekend at Barmera in the caravan park as our Daughter was playing in the Prestige Medley in Renmark.
As it was only for two nights we decided it wasn't worth dragging our caravan all that way and so borrowed our old soft floor camper off my nephew as its no more work setting up than a tent.
Well, the looks you get when you roll up and start banging in pegs next to someone in their shiny new 20'+ palace on wheels that they probably cashed in their super to buy thanks to Covid and Scotty from marketing.

I've noticed recently that many of the new breed dont want to associate with those around them as it used to be, i remember when it didnt matter what you were sleeping in, everyone was equal and what you had didnt get a mention, almost frowned upon to discuss infact. Now its as though you are given a score as you drive in depending on what you have in tow and allocated your spot in the pecking order, i said to the missus, is it just me or are caravan parks becoming anti social, she laughed and said took the words right out of my mouth.

I cant wait for international travel to kick off again so things can go back to normal.

Last edited by BENT_8; 12-04-2021 at 01:33 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: