Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #7107
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
For sure - I'm the same. People who know me know that if it's important, then ring me. Don't send or cc me on an email and claim "job done", I won't wear that.
People do that so there's a written record of management having been notified. Very helpful down the track when management decide they want to play dumb that they weren't aware of x/y/z and the poor chump who's about to get blamed for it can demonstrate that the boss was indeed notified.

Generally better to speak about it in person or over the phone and if the boss doesn't agree to it/approve it/whatever.. and you foresee the writing on the wall down the track because the boss has failed to do x/y/z... follow up with an email that says "as per our recent conversation about yadda yadda" with your recommended plan of action and the likely outcome if those actions aren't taken.

I'd hazard a guess that a lot of people would be happy to throw someone else under the bus to save themselves and there's no proof to be had from in-person conversations so protect your own ***!

2 users like this post: