View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #87
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default Re: AUII XR8 200kw - Torque Increase

Im sceptical,i can understand the theory but until I can see actual proof,heresay isn't enough for me anymore,ive been sucked into heresay too many times on this forum and it can get expensive...nobody puts there hand up when you've outlayed the cash and it doesn't make the power or doesn't work at all....
I don't mean general articles about extractor operation/ theory I mean comparisons on 5.0 litre efi windsors,thats what im specifically asking about.
Anyone can jump onto old hotrod mag articles from the states but they mean nothing in the real world on our motors in aus.
When I got my car tuned I was told my hitech extractors were a major restriction and they are identical pipe size to hurricane apart from the 2 1/4 collector,that was on a 205 rwhp tune.
I was told to get pacies by the tuner and the dyno operator,if hurricanes are that good why wasn't I recommended to buy them?
They both said the primary pipe size was too small.
Just saying,id love dave to jump in here,he always raves about hurricanes.
I hate to say it but a lot of the 5.0 efi info that gets around is third hand from us articles and not from first hand experience

Last edited by STINKY NINJA; 01-08-2016 at 08:24 PM.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote