View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Wog dads - you gotta love them!

Had a flat on the wheelbarrow... Been like that for several months. Every time my dad visits he mentioned that I need to fix it, every time I try I can't get the tyre off the hub.

He tells me to take it to a place, I argue I should be able to do it myself - I hate paying for stuff I should be able to do.

Buy a tube from Bunnings - try to pry off the tyre at home and bent the screwdriver.

Take the thing to my parents place - he has a few mini crow bars in the hope I could pry off the tyre to swap tubes.

End up bending the crap out of the rim... The tyre is made of concrete and is stronger than the rim... It's the wide tread design, not the thin rounded design.

As this is happening my dad is helping me. Standing on the tyre to hold it down while swearing that I'm bending the rim.

He reminds me again to take it to get it repaired at a shop.

My BIL comes out to see the commotion. He suggests that I should buy a solid tyre so that I will never have this problem again.

My dads reply "Oh, a solid tyre! - I have one in the shed, I bought it 8 years but never used it because all my barrows have thin tyres and its one of the wide ones, why didn't you ask if I had one"...

Proceeds to return with an as new solid tyre and rim still in its dusty wrapping...

I could have bloody killed him... honestly.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: