View Single Post
Old 20-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Dont get me wrong...im not having a shot at you, 1) I have spent close to 18 grand now on development / construction / dyno wrok / machine work / porting and flow bench work / and parts on just the engine alone during the past 18 months. 2) each time i purchased a projunk product, it failed! I bought a projunk 8000 distributer, it failed straight out of the box! The car would not even start!The car was running fine before, but i wanted to upgrade the ignition system, so i bought this dizzy off Ebay...it all looked good...i spent close to $200 on it. I rang them up..they said return it and we will send another out.....they did, and within the first amount of dyno time that i had, the distributer would not hold a total deg timming and eratic timming at idle...so it got tossed, and i replaced it with a Mallory comp ss distributer which cost me $380 from VPW...problem fixed on the next dyno run. There is countless complaints in the cleveland section with these distributers. And now with this projunk carb, Dave Hanley from horsepower research and development done all the dyno and tune work on my engine, nomater what we did we could not get any A/F mixtures correct and adjustments we just useless in the end, we tried swapping jets...guess what...holley jets will not fit as the projunk has there own special jet threads....unlike almost any other carb built....so dave decided to keep the body and put holley metering blocks on....guess what....3 holes line up, but the 4th only lines up by half a hole. In the end Dave said to take it back, get my money back and get a 950hp ultra as the engine responded so well to it. Then i talk to other cab places like Hume Performance, and soon as i mention projunk carb...they all said to throw it out and a strong recomendation to DO NOT USE. Ok...i got the point and asked for my money back, as i have only used it for 2 hours on the dyno, he refused to take it back, and repetedly said that he will fix the problem....going by what he keeps doing to me, i take it he now realalises that there is a problem with the projunk carb....he is making changes to them..but still has problems. I spent $800 dollars on a piece of crap carb that i cannot return or get my money back from an item that ive used for 2 hours.....and keep ringing him to return it so i can unload it on some other poor bast*^d for around half of what i paid for it.....can you see my frustration. :
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote