View Single Post
Old 30-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #337
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Not sure if I mentioned this already but for me the Stinger felt like an excellent daily driver. Oodles of power and tech.. but felt to me like I wouldn't be as proud to take it out on a weekend as I would about a Mustang or other v8 options etc.

I also felt the Stinger to be a little small in the interior for what it was up against but that's probably a personal matter rather than a general knock on the car.
Thats because the Mustang has decades of history and heritage. Everyone knows its stature on the road (ignoring footage of mustangs running over crowds). A Stinger while its an amazing ride and has all the modern tech and power to boot, doesn't have the same pedigree a Mustang has generated over a long period of time.

One thing I have found is its hard to shake off previous reputations even when brands were in its infancy. KIA when they first came out were pretty much where Great Wall and LDV are now. They are trying to get into the game on a budget and using budget as an attractive incentive.

KIA/Hyundai now have a 7yr warranty which is telling prospective purchasers that they are willing to back their product up. They are hoping that a strong warranty will make people forget the earlier miss givings of earlier models that came onto our shores. It takes time.

I do think that KIA and Hyundai are leaps better than they once were. But the question remains, are we able to look past the brands history and drive/own a car for what it is and not because it has a badge on it that we would turn our nose up at?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont