Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2020, 09:39 AM   #6590
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

I see the US has passed 200,000 deaths as a result of COVID-19.

Quote:
The bleak milestone, by far the highest confirmed death toll from the virus in the world, was reported by Johns Hopkins on Tuesday local time (Wednesday AEST), based on figures supplied by state health authorities. But the real toll is thought to be much higher, in part because many COVID-19 deaths were probably ascribed to other causes, especially early on, before widespread testing.
Some pretty confronting statistics:

Quote:
The number of dead in the US is equivalent to a 9/11 attack every day for 67 days. And it is still climbing.
Quote:
Deaths are running at close to 770 a day on average
Quote:
a widely cited model from the University of Washington predicts the overall US toll will double to 400,000 by the end of the year as schools and colleges reopen and cold weather sets in.
Quote:
The figure reflects America's unenviable spot, which it has held for five months, as the world's leader by far in sheer numbers of confirmed infections and deaths. The US has less than 5 per cent of the globe's population but more than 20 per cent of the reported deaths.
Quote:
Worldwide, the virus has infected more than 31 million people and is closing in fast on 1 million deaths, with more than 965,000 lives lost, by Johns Hopkins' count, though the real numbers are believed to be higher because of gaps in testing and reporting.
Anyone here that resides in the US able to give us an insight as to how the general population are feeling about this?

I look at the media coverage the Victorian situation received and just can't imagine what the media coverage must be like over in the US. And whilst I certainly don't go looking for it, it seems to me like that number of deaths is not getting the air time it deserves. Maybe just an incorrect impression?

Source https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...23-p55y7x.html

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post: