Thread: Cheap Lux 4WDs
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Cheap Lux 4WDs

Now im only reffering to the m class. My mum bought one new in 01 and for the first few years it was fine. She sold it in 2016. Now it never had any mechanical issues as such, but there were a large number of computer related failures from about 6 years old to when she traded it. The airbag module failed twice, 7k was the first replacement, the second round wasnt as much but still not cheap. The gearbox computer also went at one point and again wasnt a cheap item. The central locking comouter (or whichever controls the locking) was 3500. The list goes on. In the 18 months before she sold it the repairs were 21 grand and i was in her ear to flog it off because she thought those bills were normal for a car. Body wise and trim wise with 220k on the odometer the ml was still in pretty decent shape. And unlike most modern soft roaders, whilst it didnt have diff lockers, it atleast had a low range transfer case and 255/65 16 tyres on it not low profiles. Low range had been used to retrieve boats off sand. But if your on a budget to get the look, you dont have the budget for parts. Atleast not for an 01 ml320. My 08 fairmont has had an $82 alternator and a $46 set of spark plugs in the 10 years ive had it... the ml like my ford have had the standard oil changes etc but thats maintenance which is applicable to all cars.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: