View Single Post
Old 31-10-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

The pin's should read 10k or below between them according to the ford thing on it i read.

What i'd do if i was you sly is get the plug off, disconnect the ecu completely, and then measure between the wires for the knock sensor, and it should read open, and then put a pin between both to short it and it should read below 1ohm i'd assume.

If that tests ok, then open up the ecu and visually check around the little board that is on the pcm at a 90 degree angle, i expect that sometimes they could crack the solder due to the way its mounted and therefore would need a touch up with the soldering iron.