View Single Post
Old 16-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #183
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Would it be worth trading my FPV GT in on a new Mustang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450 View Post
Well I finally succumbed to the Mustang Ross , much as I thought I never would. I had an offer too god to refuse so I took it and love the car so far. I had a serious operation earlier in the year and it changed my viewpoint and I decided to pull the trigger whilst I can still enjoy driving.
I miss the GT for so many little things but I would have bought the Mustang on the noise alone it's unbelievable and can be made louder if you wish for not too many dollars. Spare parts are readily available unlike FPVs and that used to worry me, as for keeping them and making big $$ on them , that boat sailed a long time ago and I wouldn't be around long enough to profit even if it hadn't. If I was fortunate enough I would have owned both but that is not the case. I am lucky to have lived in an era when speed limits didn't exist on certain roads and my Dad and I had some great times in his XA and my XB GT coupes and to some extent the Mustang reignites those passions and memories. The new owner of my GT has made contact with me but something inside tells me he's not , As my mate refers to us , a car pooftah and I suspect the old girl will suffer because of this. Anyway as Dick said the only thing you get from looking back is a sore neck so I am looking forward to a great summer enjoying the new girl in the garage. I shall keep you posted.
GT450
This is not the forum to go into the why and why not's of 'life, but in short a bunch of us did a Europe trip on our bicycles and loved it and agreed we should do more whilst we can as life was passing us by. We were going this year but one of the guys wife was found to have a brain tumor.
So , you got to do and enjoy today . Buy, do what makes you happy , and if you've chosen wrong, no matter , change and continue to look forward.
I am still looking , and continue to weigh up the pros and cons. I still can't get over purchasing a stock GT and then having to tip in $20k+ to get the whine. Gotta have whine. Not prepared to pay $180k for the 'special' vehicle out of KPM. You have made the right call on the GT as it was your decision to move the GT for the Mustang. I sure with that exhaust note and windows down , by summer time it will be GT?, what GT?
Congratulations. I hope you will post some pics soon
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: