Thread: Ambitious China
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #23
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: Ambitious China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
and how do you propose we do that? stop buying their stuff, when so many businesses rely on China to supply them.
You mean to say that the $179 Ned Kelly Hoselink Starter kit isn't made from real kangaroo paw?

And here I am paying good dollarydoos for it.

*Cancels order*

Being slightly more helpful. I'm starting up a home micro-buisness and I"m very sure that plenty of others are too. In my case you don't need to go to Asia to buy Goldfish or mystery snails anymore, just buy them from me. Once I've started breeding 1,000 fish per month. 100% disease free, I actually put the time and effort into medicating them.

The neat trick is getting the fish to you in time enough for them to survive being shipped and staying a week in an Auspost depot.

Where would I be without medication? flatlined, I nearly lost a breeding pair this week and without buying Erthromycin in bulk a year ago I would've not had the medication to cure them. Turned out to be a combination of blueplanet multicure and erythromycin every day +100% WC that cured them of a nasty case of cottonmouth and the infection spread internally. Cottonmouth aka columnaris.

I'm really screwed now though because I have one 50g container of Erythromycin left and the only place you can get it cheaply is from China/HK off eBay or the USA and you pay nearly $500 to get it from the USA.

The US brands are Mardel Maracyn & API Erythromycin. https://apifishcare.com/product/e-m-erythromycin

So if I get another outbreak I'll have to rely soley on the Blue Planet Multicure.

As for the food I'm not 100% sure what the suppliers of Aqua One are but I sure hope that they don't import anything from overseas.

As for feeding my snails I need a steady supply of powdered calcium, powdered purple sweet potato, Agar Agar (from India) and a few other ingredients to make Snail Jello (to feed snails, I don't eat snails)

Last edited by gooseneck; 18-08-2020 at 06:40 PM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: