Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 07:57 PM   #6751
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Sort of, its a wage subsidy paid to employers to keep staff on but the employer cant pay less than the $750pw theyre given, so they dont profit. In our case, were all casual and doing between 20 and 25hrs pw so at $27hr our basic wage is below the $750 but thats what we get minus tax, so $655 clear
As last week was the end of term we didnt have as much on so i only did 18hrs, 5 of that at what we call wait time where you get half rate for waiting for the return trip, but was under the impression id get one more pay at the full rate. Didnt happen because our pay wasnt processed by Sunday night so i only received the amount for the 18hrs worked which was $390 clear, as i said not complaining, just wasnt expecting a $265 shortfall this week.
Your employer isn't required to pay your superannuation contributions either if you're being paid the $750 or less per week. If your wages were greater than $750p/w, and job keeper was used as a top up or subsidy, then your employer has to pay your superannuation. Chances are, you're employer is also getting the cash boost grants and has had a 6 month holiday paying IAS. Some businesses have actually benefited from this program.