View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #117
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Slight setbacks this weekend - but then that is what lab testing is for..

My efforts to get the Recirculation actuator working have not succeeded. I'd made the customisations as per the plan, but the EATC is not driving it. I have ordered another recirc actuator as a troubleshooting measure. Next will be to pin map my loom customisation from end to end to make sure I have not made a mistake. The 3rd option is that the EATC controller itself is damaged, in case 1 and 2 don't succeed.

The 2nd bit of weirdness is that I can no longer control the speed of the blower fan. It turns on and off but now only goes full speed. My first suspicion is that I have blown one of the Chinesium mosfets in the Blower Controller, since it was a cheap AliExpress special. So I have located a used genuine item from overseas - Lithuania in this case - and will see if that helps. The EATC controller sends PWM pulses on a single line to the controller in order to set the blow fan sped - so in order words it's just a PWM driven variable resistor. The fact it was working and then just snapped and sped up makes me think I got the wiring right, but I'll check it end to end as well. It could also be an EATC controller issue though too.

All of which now puts yet another delay on me being able to test further as I wait for the troubleshooting parts to arrive....

Lukeyson