View Single Post
Old 27-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #89
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: What's your distractions ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
.. I knew they had a few teeth but 40 is more than I thought..Glad to hear he can still eat fairly normally ..that's great because dogs love their nosh ..
Missy had a Grade 2 Mast Cell Tumor .

.Can be life threatening but being ten , the surgery itself scared me witless but as it happens she coped with that especially well they told me when I picked her up that day . Pathology grade these malignant tumors to 5 the vet said so being 2 it 's rating is low grade which meant no chemo or radiation. Low grade is the best we could have hoped for . She's got a big lipoma too and arthritic in the back from an injury when she was about 3 but she copes with that pretty well with a regular cenovin injection.. Good stuff is that ..Give Bruce a big pat from me..Dogs are precious .
All three of our dogs are rescues, I'm sure they know and are the most loyal, loving animals.
Our old boy, is turning 16 this year and the bugger just keeps going. We expected to lose him 4 years ago after the cancer diagnosis and all the fat deposits appearing over him etc etc. Too old and too far gone to operate apparently, so we just figured when he got in pain we would put him down, hasn't happened yet. We got the white one 4 years ago when we got the vet report, so he could learn off of the old guy as he has the best personality of any dog I have ever owned. The white one is completely deaf, which is why he was abandoned. The old boy had a downward turn about a year ago, so we got yet another pup to meet him and keep the white one company but he bounced back again. He's happy and comfortable and the bugger is bullet proof.
image hosting
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
10 users like this post: