View Single Post
Old 25-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #62
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What's your distractions ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
There is a guy up my way on a couple of acres who built an outdoor layout around his property.
When you drive past this place instead of having a regular gate he has a scaled down set of functioning railway crossing boom gates.

roddy, I reckon you would love meeting my brother as he a major train buff, he fine details HO scale Australian diesels and carriages for a few rail shops in Sydney.
Wow....That'd be cool ... truly a gifted person eh...

I kind of know the bloke who built this , Simon Handby would be a lot like your brother I guess ..This is one of his projects where he needed to make pretty much everything as nobody really makes Tasmanian railway stuff off the shelf .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cvFGr9rjrA Depicts the early 1960's I think .

Interesting story about the station is that as Simon is good friends with the curator /owner of our Cranks and Tinkerers Museum and that's our former railway station that was saved from demolition , he used the building to calculate an extremely accurate replica of the Fingal station because all Tassie stations were built to the same plans .

He was there one day when I was at the museum and he gave me some insight on what he's done ..Not only this of course ..other more modern era depictions as well , just as accurate .. As it turns out the Fingal station was eventually saved as well and is now used by the Fingal township as a history room . Safely say Simon has a major distraction .

Last edited by roddy1960; 25-04-2020 at 04:08 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: