View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #15
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: DBA 4000 T3 rotor problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjako
May of cured it temporaily, Spoke to Kerry Perkins from DBA I said I was running HPX pads and he asked whether they had a chamfered edge, As we all know they dont, he asked me to remove the pads and file a chamfer on the leading and trailing edge of the pad, I just finished doing the front took the car for a drive and the roughness and vibration is almost gone. So I dont think I will be using a non chamfered pad on slotted rotors agin. Not sure if mine is an isolated problem. I will give it a week and update this tread again. See if the vibration returns. If it does not reurn I will do the rears.
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but costs nothing to try so good luck and let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose1000
I'm kind of intrigued by this thread in that I am currently running DBA T2's and Bendix Ultimates, but was considering running QFM HPX with the T2's. I was under the impression that the latter combo was a good choice in that the QFM pads don't generate the same dust levels as the Ultimates but perform at about the same level but now its maybe sounding like this isn't the case?
Less dust but they fade out earlier than ultimates from feedback i have been given. I run HPX pads in our car and don't have any shudder problems so it is not that common as we sell plenty of those pads without incident.The only common problem is light pad squeal under soft braking.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote