View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #11
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MD mondeo headlights: good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
I don't know if there's a problem with mine or not, but to me, they don't seem to illuminate far enough ahead for my liking, despite emitting a whiter, brighter light overall.

Suggest taking one out for a test drive at night and decide for yourself.
I had a similar problem and asked the dealer to re-aim the low beam "reach" - based on that experience DON"T do the same as me.

The car was returned with the beams pointing above the horizontal - and set for driving on the right hand side of the road.

A bit of research got the information about the location of the mechanical adjustment and then it was a case of creeping up on the right aiming position. To adjust for driving on the left you need to go into the software settings and pick the "right hand" traffic setting

The low beams have a reach of about 60 - 100 metres versus the previous 30 metres with excellent visibility and such a sharp vertical cutoff that the top half of highway road signs are not well lit - there are always some compromises.

The high beams have a reach of 300 metres or more and are bright enough that I get told abut them by oncoming drivers before the automatic dipping occurs - so I'm assuming that they are very bright on high beam since sometimes this has happened on divided highways at distances of up to 1000 metres, sometimes it is HGV drivers who let me know.

They are a significant improvement over the MA we used previously and I regarded those lights as very good.

If anyone wants the details about how I got the lights aimed correctly, let me know and I'll post up a reply.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: