Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #117
HLC
Audi S3

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
At least you'll have the biggest legs in town!

Very nice bike; Love this thing!!!!
Trying to negotiate with the FIL to let me let loose on his old school Malvern Star - would love to go for the streamlined fixed gear/ no brake setup like yours.
Cheers!!

HA HA yeah! My calves havent grown that much though in the last 12-18 months, definately more toned, but OMG my quads and other muscles on my thighs ha ha all my slim fit business pants are a bit TOO SLIM FIT around the thigh area now HA HA Most of my shorts are cut off jeans because anything with a stich around the bottom of the short cuts off circulation like compression tights HA HA

Depending on what the Malvern Star is just let it slide. Track Frames can he had for really cheap lately - especially quality frames too. Just bought a Leader 721 Track Frame as a prize for a Race im holding tomorrow from www.gearbrisbane.com <-- my fav Aussie retailer for Bike/Fixed related product. $250 landed on my front door! And then you can build bikes with as expensive or as inexpensive parts as you want. Obviously, price does mean quality. Especially when there are bugger all moving parts to worry about!!!

Just ordered a Nitto NJS Jag stem last night and new riser bars for a more agressive cockpit! www.tracksupermarket.com

So my bike there, cheap frame (because I thrash them lol) but Dura Ace Cranks/chainring, Campagnolo Pedals, MKS NJS toe clips w/Cadence Straps and Doublizers, Dura Ace Seat Post, Selle Italia Turbo, soon to have Nitto Stem & Bars, KMC Track Chain. Headset soon to be replaced with a Dura Ace NJS or Tange NJS.

The worst part on the bike is the frame. Wheels are Shimano something or Spinergy Rev X clincher, or Velocity B43 w/ Formula sealed bearing hub, roselli sprocket/lockring or Hed Disc (Clincher/Track) with Dura Ace NJS Sprocket/lockring. Carbon wheelset (Spinergy/Hed) will be up for sale soon. Never ride the wheels because I fear i'll destroy them on the street!

http://njs-keirin.blogspot.com/ is also another good one for awesome Jap track bike parts!

Then there are sites like www.wiggle.com and Ribble, Probikekit, cell bikes etc for good stuff at great prices!