Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #4179
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Different regions are reporting this differently.

I have a friend who works in the NHS in the UK. As a general rule of thumb, they will presume and count it as CV19, if the patient had CV19, regardless of whether they had pre-existing condition. During the height of the pandemic, in some cases, health workers were so scared to enter aged care homes, they will just count it as CV19, and get external parties to remove the bodies. This is just what my NHS mate is telling me, I have no hard evidence to back this up. I believe this method of counting is the same in the US where hospitals get reimbursed from the government for CV19 cases, but not for other causes.

In Asia I'm hearing that they will only count CV19 if they believe it is the main contributing factor. How they determine that I don't know. This is just from what relatives living in those regions are telling me, I haven't found any data to back this up.

Not sure how it is done here.
There will be a lot that would claim this as anecdotal evidence. But I too have heard this from family members in the UK and other sources. But have not evidence to back it up either.

The problem is, if you don't fall in line with the narrative, and you sprout this as gospel, you are labeled a conspiracy theorist or condemned for not being a medical professional.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont