Thread: Sim Rigs
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 11:29 PM   #15
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sim Rigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
Just a bit of an update - gpu finally turned up today, took two weeks to get to me

Fitted it this arvo and it runs a dream - get over 100fps on iracing with quality settings maxxed out and all features on - goes over 300fps with qually at medium settings

Massive improvement over the stock that was running 30fps on lowest quality setting and all features turned off

Have another 16gb ram coming so should help out some, not that there is anything wrong with the way it is now - seems perfectly fine
Best bang for buck is the way to go. Different of course if you're building for a specific purpose that requires the best of the best.

Some people want the latest of everything (usually over-priced, come with bugs, ahead of most games available) and they become obsessed with high-end FPS. I prefer the path of that I own my computer and it doesn't own me. But that's easier said than done.

And if your system is not bottle-necked you could always have the option of slapping another gpu in, if needed.

I've been out of the game for some time but I've heard if you run SLI on some games you need to create separate profiles.

Perfect new toy for lock down.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: