Thread: Sim Rigs
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 10:43 PM   #13
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sim Rigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
Interesting re the wii - my daughter has one so may have a crack at the emulator thing, is it easy enough?
You just need to install homebrew and some hacks to give you control of the USB ports and have a launcher app for your various emulators. So first step is a SD card (old 2-6GB preferable if you have any old cameras you might already have one)

Various places walk you through it, like: https://gbatemp.net/categories/ninte...scussions.104/

When I first hacked the wii it was back in 2013 and it was all manual settings changing the IOS, but these days it's almost automated - one place even has a set up program where all you need to know is the consoles MAC address, then copy the installer to an SD card and launch the hack and installer. I followed that method for the spare wii I bought for my kid last year. E: "Modmii for windows" You'll need to run it on windows using a PC that also has a SD card reader to copy the files over of course.

After that all you need is the frodo emulator for C64 and the game roms (easy to get and they're only 171kb each - I've got about 330 of them. ROM sites for such small files are everywhere on the internet) A USB keyboard to load the c64 games on the wii, and a decent controller to play the games on the wii - like a wii pro controller - even a clone game cube controller might work - never tried a GC controller but the regular wii remote isn't the best thing to a play a c64 game with... Works fine with genuine wii pro controller though - does not work with clone wii pro controllers. But never had a problem with clone GC controllers for GC games.

For NES you need fceugx, for SNES you need snes9xgx, for amiga you need uae-wii

There's playstation and n64 emulators that work with some games (not 100% compatible for those later systems). And of course gamecube where most ps2 and xbox games had a contemporary ported version anyway. Get 'nintendont' and run a HDD with gamecube games (1gig ea) - I've got about 70 of them to keep me and my kid amused, plus about 40 wii games (they're 4gig and more of a pain to get but alvaro and 1fichier.com is you friend for GC/wii games)

Last edited by oldel; 02-05-2020 at 10:58 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: