Thread: Sim Rigs
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
CJR09
RPO 77

Default Sim Rigs

So with the apparent success of the iRacing series for Supercars, Carts, Nascar etc I thought it was prudent to have a crack.

I'm sure there must be some in here that are probably into it hard out - so I had a quick search but didnt come up with anything...

I harken from the days of c64, amiga500 etc - transitioned to ps1 & 2 when they came along but that is about where it was left...

So I dug out an old desktop that was left over from some study a few years ago, nothing spectacular and i didn't really think it would have the specs required to run the sim.

But turns out its not too bad - HP Elite 8300, i5, 500gb hdd with 8gb ram.

I have ordered a logitech g29, hopefully arrive next week, ill just use the lounge tv for now

I am going to throw a graphics card at it so would like to know if this one is suitable - https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGA...I-E-Graphics-C

Are they fairly generic things where doesn't really matter which you buy they all fit and work or are there traps - like i imagine with the age of this setup i can probably only go a certain size before it's maxxed out?

Happy enough to spend up to a couple hundy - looks like i could get 4gb for that - maybe that's overkill?

Help and advice appreciated

Please feel free to give examples of your own rigs and pics if you want - I'm going to look at a cockpit and triple screen setup once the tower is sorted

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: