View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #65
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

I'm curious what people think about the G7.

Germany initially rebuffed Trumps invite to meet face to face, over corona virus concerns, and also reports of disagreement on the topic of China among other things. Italy is pro China, which I find odd given how hard they were hit with the virus. France, hard to know where they stand, I think they are sitting on the fence whilst their scientists do more research on the virus. Canada, relations are soured, due to the Huawei saga. If the CFO is let off then it might just go back to business as usual. If not, then game over between Canada and China. Trudeau has been attacked by his own media for generally being supportive of China, much like our Vic Premier.

So, on the surface, disagreements over China has led to Trump calling the group "outdated". He wants to bring Russia, South Korea and India into the fold. These are all countries that border with China. Interesting. We know China and India don't get along. They have ongoing border disputes. Then you have Australia thrown in, cos we've been good mates.

Russia recently rejected US's call for a UN meeting on China's handling of HK. They said it was China's internal matter. China and Russia also rejected US call for a "closed door" UN meeting on Syria, saying it lacks transparency. Hmmmmmmm

On the topic of Antifa. China, and even HK residents, have suggested that the violent protests are funded and organised by NGOs, Antifa and even the CIA. If US designate Antifa as a terrorist organisation, and China believe they are leading the protests in HK, would they have the right to take anti terrorism actions against the group? hmmmmmm Its hard to be optimistic.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote