View Single Post
Old 24-05-2020, 09:31 PM   #9
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

Default Re: Focus LT TDCI Maintenance Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainos View Post
That looks to be the same part number I came upon for a timing belt kit myself so it checks out. Good price too, ill likely end up getting this. Did you replace the water pump gasket and if so what is the part number and where did you get it from as it seems to be the missing part from the kit? Also looking for the timing setting tools anyone have a link for these?

In regards to the clutch slave replacement, I got it all in and back together with around 1000kms on everything now, seems to be going well. Ended up find that clutch hose in great condition for a couple $ on a wreck at a local UPullIt. I also tackled the heater core replacement at the same time as it was in need of replacement. Lengthy process but not too difficult besides separating the core outlets at the firewall from the plastic connectors that join the rubber hoses to them in the engine bay, they had become fused together and only after quite a lengthy struggle with them I managed to free them.

I also tackled the heater core replacement
I can't remember if this kit included a gasket for the water pump. But all I know is I didn't have to buy one. We did used a gasket sealant.
As for the timing tools, we didn't used the proper ones. We used a bent 8mm rod to lock the flywheel and time the crankshaft. An 8mm bolt to time the camshaft sprocket.

We followed a thorough video on you tube in this link

And I also made a written version of the instructions, with a list of all the parts and tools that you are gonna need. Link here. You can print it as reference.
RadioactiveX is offline   Reply With Quote