View Single Post
Old 22-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #8
Bainos
Starter Motor

Default Re: Focus LT TDCI Maintenance Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveX View Post
This is the link to the kit that I used when the timing belt was replaced on my 2011 Focus LV TDCi. This kit includes the timing belt, tensioner, idler, water pump, and shaft oil seals. DIY was alright, it was pretty hard to remove the crank pulley bolt even with a power tool. Had to remove the starter motor to lock the flywheel from turning.
That looks to be the same part number I came upon for a timing belt kit myself so it checks out. Good price too, ill likely end up getting this. Did you replace the water pump gasket and if so what is the part number and where did you get it from as it seems to be the missing part from the kit? Also looking for the timing setting tools anyone have a link for these?

In regards to the clutch slave replacement, I got it all in and back together with around 1000kms on everything now, seems to be going well. Ended up find that clutch hose in great condition for a couple $ on a wreck at a local UPullIt. I also tackled the heater core replacement at the same time as it was in need of replacement. Lengthy process but not too difficult besides separating the core outlets at the firewall from the plastic connectors that join the rubber hoses to them in the engine bay, they had become fused together and only after quite a lengthy struggle with them I managed to free them.

I also tackled the heater core replacement
Bainos is offline   Reply With Quote