View Single Post
Old 18-08-2021, 02:20 PM   #128
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

The AV6N Actuator motors have arrived, so this weekend it looks like I'll find out if they make any difference.

The better story though is that I took a chance awhile back and found an item listed at shop.euroimpex.lt - the heater box from a 2006 LHD Fusion/Fiesta with EATC that was damaged and they were having trouble selling. 60 Euro for the item (normally in the 200 to 300 range) and 60 Euro to ship (normally in the 400 and above Euro range! No joke!) It arrived this week and did not cost me any significant appendages! While damaged enough to be kind of unuseable (without major repairs), it has all of the mouldings for the Auto-Climate actuators on the side and that was all that I was after - a measurable reference, especially around the Blower Motor Controller.

BUT, I was pleasantly suprised to find that it also came with actuators still on it, AND all the little gears that connect the Actuators to the Blende Doors - the very things I had resigned to never ever seeing in my lifetime and have been mocking up myself by guesswork! One of the first things I've discovered is that the gears on the outlet blend door actuator are NOT of the same size/ratio or with equal tooth count - so I would have never been able to line the blend door up with outlets using the same-ratio gears I have now. That still does not explain the blend-door drift though - moving more clockwise than it does anticlockwise. But I now have some more things to try. The FIRST of which will be to attach my controllers and loom to those actuators as is and see what I get.

The next thing will be to CAD up copies of those gears and adjust my custom moulded actuator mount adapters to suit - which is kind of back to the drawing board in a literal-digital sense, but at least all I need to do now is just adjust the dimensions of what I already have.

Lukeyson

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 18-08-2021 at 02:32 PM.
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote