View Single Post
Old 17-07-2021, 05:07 PM   #122
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I decided to raid the side of the box in the project car shell and grabbed the recirculation lever I needed. It was enough to validate that the Recirculation control is working fine. I'll take a bunch of measurements and CAD up this bastard so I can 3D print one and not get caught again.

I have a bit of a problem with my Air Outlet actuator though and I am not sure how to address it.

Today I decided to try and work out how to set the correct outlets. The trick I'd planned to use was to have the EATC set the position to face level, remove the actuator, use the diagrams in section 412-02 of the workshop manual to manually set the position of the blend door to the right location, and the re-install the actuator.

It looked good at the start, but weird things started to happen. So what I tried was to set Face, and then press the button to add foot, then disable foot, then turn it on again etc etc. The blend door is meant to move forward a bit, then come bac kto the face position, then move forward a bit, then return. BUT in each case, it moves forward a bit, then returns further back than when it started. And it does this EACH TIME. So the blend door then drifts further and further from the set position.

I thought maybe I had a faulty actuator, so changed the actuator, but the symptom remained.

I thought maybe there EATC module might be faulty. So I swapped in the one acquired in the previous post, but the symptom remained.

Since these are dipole stepper motors, I thought maybe one of the poles of the forward direction was faulty, so I did a manual pin to pin test of all connections from the actuator connector to the EATC connector. But no, the +ve supply and all 4 pins on the actuator connector connect through just fine to the EATC module. None of those pins seems to have a short to +ve or Gnd either.

The gears I have 3D printed have the same number of teeth on the actuator and the blend door - but not having the factory cogs does not explain to me why I have a difference in forward vs reverse distance covered.

Perplexed. One step forward and one back...

Lukeyson