View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #41
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford F-150 Factory R/H drive for Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
While ranger numbers are high in Australia, ford won't risk their sales with the F150, I get jpd's post re numbers and factories, but I think mustang being a lower sales number at 10,000 per month verses F150 at 100,000 per month but wouldn't the development cost be spread over say 100,000 sales make it easier to absorb compared to mustangs 10,000?
I think Australia's taste for 4x4 duel cabs that a factory converted F150 would do well,
It doesn’t work that way, RHD costs are quarantined to those markets, not spread across all other ALHD builds the advantage with Mustang was ARHD preservation in LHD allowed easier incorporation of RHD.

The other issue with F truck plants is as I said before, they are flat biscuit with LHDs so even finding RHD build allocation means giving up LHD builds for a more complicated truck needing more off line space for assembling slightly different dashes, retraining workers and working out spacing of builds- one in 100 or 1 in 200?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: