View Single Post
Old 16-04-2021, 04:42 PM   #732
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
It's hardly a smoking gun. It's not like he was threatened, or provided any evidence of his incapacity. For all we know, 'Steve' is known to management as a drama queen and that motivated the 'not a doctor' response. Its easy to say management should have seen it coming, but it sounds like they had yet to be informed in any meaningful way. A few lines of text hardly conveys urgency.
It doesnt matter, if he believes he is unfit to drive and notifies whoever he is responsible to then he has done what he needs to do in accordance with the legislation.
Dont confuse that with what you then do in order to keep the boss happy and your job as the two, although intended to work in unison, can and are on occasion, handled very differently.
Unless youve been in the situation, and im not suggesting everyone has or there'd be carnage everywhere, you dont know how cut throat it is.
Only last year i got my marching orders because i flatout refused to drive a certain vehicle as i wasnt putting my name on the pre trip check list, as fortune would have it it was a Friday afternoon and the employer had a few days to reconsider her response, when i called her Sunday night to arrange returning my uniform and fuel card she asked me to come back.
Didnt appologise and maintained her belief that it was roadworthy