View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #23
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTpilot
lol, not quite a scam, but when I was selling the Mrs festiva, I had some douche email me telling me he wanted the car and was prepared to pay me 1/2 of what it was advertised for. this was because he though that was all he was prepared to pay for a car, and it would cost HIM money for rego (car had 12 mths with it), roadworthy (not to mention he told me what was wrong with it.....without looking at the car) + insurance, etc.
I emailed him back telling him his offer was hilarious, does he have any other jokes he can tell me. then he emails me back offering 3/4 of the advertiesd price. telling me he worked as a car salesman for 20yrs and knew more about cars and selling cars than I did so I should take his advice and sell him the car.
It was at this point I told him to stop wasting my time and (politely of course) to go away.
Sounds like the guy that rang about our GT, told me it was not worth what we wanted and I should take the $18k that he offered because "thats all I can afford and I want a fully sick car mate".
Did your guy have the "fully sick" lebanese accent? (no racism intended, just a observation about his voice)

He would not take no for an answer and argued for ages. I could not get him off the phone until I refused to give my address so that he could have a look at it. I told him I was not interested in him buying it, he will not be allowed to see it and no chance he will drive it. When I said this he abused me and said I was a moron for not taking his offer and I would never sell it. It was sold 2 days later :