View Single Post
Old 29-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #568
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
My little fleet of mowers...

The zero turn was quite expensive (even though I got mine for a very good price). The husqvana does not have a cutting mechanism on it as it only for taking the wizbins down to the front and to give the grandkids joyrides.

The large push mower is over 25 years old. It still goes but needs some work fitting the petrol tank back on and replacing the muffler. The blue one is a bunnings cheapie but apart from one spark plug it has not had a thing go wrong with it in the 15 odd years that I have had it.

The whipper snipper is a shindaiwa and is one of the best that I have ever used.
Zero turns are getting really popular in the home owner market nowadays too as time goes on which is great news .. I've had limited time on them but everybody says that the more you use them the quicker you become a fan of them . My first ride on was a Cox Stockman with a massive 10.5 hp Briggsy and the friction drive..I ran a little mowing business for about three years and she did a power of work . In 2012 I Found it hard to adjust the drives anymore . She'd done a heck of a lot of work because even after I finished the biz I used it for my own area and many, many working bees at our community group projects and such .

One day I saw an ad in the paper for a run out on Husqvarna ride ons and ended up buying one . The old Cox is still sitting in the shed with plans one day to pull her to bits and replace the cone drives/belts and such. If we get told to stay home over this virus stuff it might be a good project to start on come to think of it ....
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote