View Single Post
Old 19-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 
Default Re: Territory 06 icc upgrade

Hi Robbo

Nice first post

I expect you're awaiting a response from ASL (Fadi) since you've posted in their area of the forum, but here's my take on your questions given iv'e done all that to my RTV ute recently (link in signature)

1) If you swap in an ICC that already has a colour screen just reuse your BEM, but you'll probably need to get the ICC coded to your car (BEM) before the radio/cd player will work. But as it's your BEM the car will start and operate fine (or you might get lucky and get an uncoded ICC like I did and then it all just plugs in and works. WIN! )

2) No the BEM and ICC don't need to stay matched. But as above may need to be coded before they play nice together.

3) You will need a factory ICC loom that accepts the SatNav (video) input. This has the extra plug that will accept any video input, such as a reversing camera.

4) A wiring diagram would just confuse you further, Buy one of ASLs excellent kits, they come with all the wiring instructions you'll need. Or just keep searching the interwebs, it's all out there.

5) Yep, ASL kits are fully integrated and everything else keeps working whilst adding extra functionality.

Cheers, Rob