View Single Post
Old 18-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #36
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Jase, i would recommend using just standard "auto" mode, as when my car was in the same "trim" as yours, it seemed to work the best.

As for the launch, be wary of holding the ION 4 spd on "stall" for too long, as they rapidly build up temperature.

Tyres, well all different cars with different setups require differing remedies, but i remember kwinana to have a nice startline. I would agree and say persist with 28-32psi, see what works, maybe avoid excessive burnouts, maybe 1st, then 2nd until you see the "haze" (that is, haze, not cloud), then let the car roll forward with your foot nearly right off the gas until you feel the tyres bite with a little screech. Guys around here manage 60's in the 2.0's using this method.

Err on the side of more than less PSI, as a flatter tyre will take more HP to turn.
Thanks for that mate, i will give it ago next wednesday... I managed a 13.8 tonight still with a 2.2 60 foot still with 32psi. I am aware of the rapid temp increase from stalling, so yeah im trying to avoid it.. There will be a tranny cool fitted at the next service soon. Will let u know how i go!!

Cheers