View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 01:08 PM   #4
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mycar Auto "service"

Thats a shame. Only because I think bad service and poor workmanship like that should be called out, specially when it costs so much. The previous owner has problably been quoted for a reco trans and it was too much so they dumped the car and are technically out of pocket thousands on bad adive.

The POS Falcon I'm driving now supposedly had the intake cam sensor changed prior to sale because the MIL light would come on intermittently with a sensor fault. The receipt had a line item for the part and installation for $250 for part and installation and the seller told me it was part of the work that had been done for the roadworthy.

It didn't have any codes when I bought it, but that ******* Murphy caused the light to turn on 5 mins after I drove off. Found the code to be the cam sensor and ultimately a new $50 sensor and 10 mins work had the problem solved.

But I dd call the previous owner and told them they got shafted, the sensor wasn't new and appeared to be original. Dirty and aged, possibly even second hand. He just said "he used this mechanic regularly and will be having a chat to him about it later" and to send a pic of the "new" sensor I took out.

Naughty naughy...
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: