View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 09:49 PM   #23
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: buying a vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
With Tonz, do a Melbourne trip - way bigger market here for second hand vehicles and once you find something you can drive it back and do some touristy bull**** on the way back once you're ready to buy.
I did this. Purchased used car from dealer in Melbourne as I could not get the interior and exterior combo I wanted locally, and it was both lower km and several $k cheaper than all local options.

Flew Adelaide to Melbourne for $49, and was $60 for car service from airport to dealer (guy I used to use regularly when work had me going to Melbourne a lot). Got home on just over a tank. So got it back to Adelaide for less than $250, and while it also took a day of my time, I love driving the open roads and sometimes do so for no reason other than to just drive.

Could not transfer Vic rego to my name due to me not living in Vic, so dealer cashed that in and took it off the price, and they arrange the temp permit for me to drive it back. Best bit was driving back with no number plates on the permit, gave no ****s for the point-to-point cameras.

Did get the car checked out first by Vic's version of RAA for peace of mind - report was thorough enough but no where near as thorough as what I got from the NSW equivalent when I purchased a car from there about 10 years ago (that time I had it freighted back).

Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: