View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 11:43 PM   #25
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: East Coast floods

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
haha no offence taken.....you know why?....cos that's exactly what I said to him.
Sounds like its one of those great minds thinks alike moments then.

Quote:
We were getting news here that something big was about to hit QLD and NSW a few days before it happened. But he said Palachook apparently came out the night before and reassured everyone it was all ok....then BAM. He said the previous lady in 2011 (I can't remember her name) gave 2 weeks notice and constantly reminded everyone to prepare for evacuation.
I think I know what he's talking about and in fairness to chook chook, something I'd never thought I'd say, I think she was referring to how the flood occurred and the outcomes.

The 2011 flood formed differently and there was mismanagement regarding the releasing of water from the dam, both of these conspired to make that flood worse than this one. She was saying this time round these factors were different, management of the water levels in the dam is handled differently so things would be different and it would be OK in comparison.

But it still didn't excuse people from not paying attention to seeing there was a ton of water falling and areas would still be flooded.

Quote:
And now, I'm seeing pictures of cars, and a horse?!?, in NSW stuck on a bridge with both ends flooded. How could that happen? Did the water rise in seconds or did people keep driving even though they were warned about the weather?
I'm guessing that is the Woodburn Bridge somewhere near Lismore.

I kind of understand the people that were on the bridge was because they left too late and that was just the highest point they could find.

If you listen to the twit in this interview she says they got an alert to leave but stayed for nearly another 3 hours until water was coming through the floorboards and they had to jump in a tinny to get to the bridge.

https://www.2gb.com/cars-and-horses-...-northern-nsw/
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote