View Single Post
Old 24-01-2022, 09:40 PM   #12
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Default Re: Mobile Road Safety Camera Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
A guy I knew quite a few years back used to be a Ranger then did this job for a while.
He got very bored, setting up in a location (not of his choosing, gets a list of when and where by his supervisor), then sits there for up to four hours at a time.
Then go to another spot.
It's early starts and shift work, pay was ok for sitting on your rse(not sure exactly) and shift penalties.
Get ready for lots of abuse, because to be honest, it has nothing to do with road safety.
It's all about going to target rich environments and anything a couple of kays over gets flashed. I don't know what it is, but not much tolerance.
Yes they had an emergency button for Police help, don't know about reinforced glass but wouldn't surprise me as people used to chuck bottles at him as they drove past.
This is fairly close NSW dont have any special glass, car must stay running all the time select heat or AC. People turn around and drive back park and abuse/intimidate you. You will loose several rhs mirrors per year. Plenty of projectiles thrown at you. If someone tries to attack you or the car you have to lodge a police report that is the only recourse you have. In NSW they are bringing the signs back. This is probably the most dangerous bit as you have to get out of the car to put them out and retrieve them. People will try and run you over. You can do a whole 8 hour shift and take no pictures as you would be surprised by the tolerance in NSW. My next door neighbour did it for about 12 months night shift is worst and some areas attract more undesirables than others.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote