Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #10213
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

As far as I'm aware, none of the current vaccines stops you from catching CV19. It just reduces your chance of getting symptoms / severe symptoms, which then hopefully reduces you coughing and splattering everywhere or going to hospital, which then hopefully stops you from passing it on to those who haven't or can't get vaccinated. So if you are not getting symptoms then you are probably not going to get tested, and any reinfections will probably not be captured.

I'd be keen to know if ANY of these vaccines, even the ones with 50% efficacy, are still seeing people going into ICU. Yearly flu shots have a 50-60% efficacy, and it works.

Mum had the AZ on the weekend. First night she felt like she was burning up, but had no fever, but also had no sleep. She has auto immune disease so the we figured the benefit of getting AZ outweighs the risk of catching CV. Basically if she catches CV she would be toast.

Also, for what its worth, I'm 41, look 25, act like 18, love my zinger stacks, Nandos, souvalakis, fish and chips. Have not had a flu shot since 2008, have hung around some pretty dingey places, and have not had the flu since....I can't remember when. Not sure what conclusion to draw from that.
2 users like this post: