View Single Post
Old 13-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #2414
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Got somewhat of a random text from my mum this morning. Asking if i wanted to go for lunch at my local. Ofcourse im not going to say no to that. Its a 30 second walk from my house, but magpie season, so i make the 10 second drive. No my car isnt fast, its a stones throw from my house.
Dunno why, but she still asks if its ok for her boyfriend to come along. Theres no issue with that. A few years back i did have to lay in a bit when he assumed my kid was my older brother or sisters kid. But its mums boyfriend who likes my local. Its a pleasent enough place, good food, not overly expensive, during the not heavy drinking hours its quiet, at no point can you look anywhere without seeing a tv with sport on it.
My only gripe is inverse. At lunch you can order off either the dinner menu or the lunch menu. At dinner there is no lunch menu. The dinner menu is good, all pretty fancy, the lunch menu is more basic. But sometimes basic is what atleast I feel like. Today i got bangers and mash. So 3 snags on mash and peas drowned in gravy. Basic, but good. Mum got the lamb casserole. There has to be some serious effort involved to mess up either of those 2 meals. Also, i dont recall a time at a bistro where they just advertise something (regardless of it it is) simply just as a casserole. All i remember is fancy terms like slow cooked lamb in gravy with slow cooked veg, or over fancified descriptions for whats a reasonably basic comfort food. But, for $12, i didnt leave hungry.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote