Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 07:09 AM   #5972
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
AFL CEO flying to Brisbane without quarantine may be a 'key moment of 2020'

Sky News host Paul Murray says Australia is about to hit a key moment in 2020 when the “brass from the AFL” head over to Brisbane for the AFL Grand Final announcement and likely won’t be required to enter quarantine.

On Wednesday it is expected to be announced that the AFL Grand final will be taking place in Brisbane as opposed to Melbourne where it is traditionally held, given Melbourne is the COVID-19 hotspot of the nation.

A photo has been released of the AFL Chief Executive Gillon McLachlan at Melbourne airport on Tuesday night en route to Brisbane, where he will appear in front of the media, seemingly without having to quarantine for 14 days.

Many have criticized Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk for her tough implementation of border restrictions, turning around many people such as an ACT woman who had been denied access into Queensland to attend her father’s funeral.

“While I understand why the Premier is excited that the AFL Grand Final is going to be taking place in Queensland … could somebody please explain to me why the boss of the AFL is allowed to go from Melbourne to Brisbane in a day with his family with no quarantine whatsoever,” Mr Murray said.

“But somebody who wanted to go to a funeral is told no … talk about one rule for them and one rule for us.

“Just as the black lives matter exposed the hypocrisy in the first wave, I think the brass of the AFL being able to cross into Queensland and freely walk around without the fourteen day quarantine period is going to be the next version of this.

“There are hundreds of people, I would say thousands who haven’t been able to cross in Queensland.

“Gillon McLachlan has literally flown from the COVID hotspot of Australia to Brisbane, I don’t assume he was isolating for fourteen days, if he was I’ll apologise, but I doubt it.”
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6186585586001

Doesn't apply to the elites
This user likes this post: