View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 09:56 PM   #1
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Yep some good comments.

Cav my reading is the Chinese have a history of expansion and then imploding in on themselves. With over 40Tn of debt, and bad debts accelerating to the extent some of their State Owned Enterprises are defaulting, I'd suggest looking for spanners in the machinery. It's not too long ago it was the Japanese buying up all of Australia and being the next unstoppable power, soon after they copped 3 lost decades (as they did not write the debts of their bubble off) with no end in sight. Behind the scenes, many companies are shifting their supply chains currently.

US pivot is to the Pacific, and a comparison of the map in July 1941 to now sees the US far further forward deployed than in Roosevelt's time. It would be a mistake to write off the current superpower, they have a habit of rising to the occasion and summoning vast resolve, the last time they'd just gone through the Great Depression. This time around there are many independent smaller nations that may have some disquiet to the recent expansion.

One thing for sure, the current globalism (and cheap goods) have peaked and as we see trade spats, tariffs etc go up, it will be an end for this cheap produce being readily available. Trump just knackered the WTO appeals court, and countries will go back to individual negotiation on trade.
Exactly. The Globalists thought it was business as usual with Hillary winning the 2016 election, they never thought she'd loose. Except, she did, Trump is not a career politician beholden to anyone, he's systematically restoring businesses in the US, people are getting their jobs back, their economy is going great. Trump's brought vaChina to its knees, they're having to root out their deep state operatives in order to avoid further tariffs which only hurt itself.

Australia on the other hand is going down the gurgler, aided and abetted by all the political parties.
6 users like this post: