Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #431
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Well, due to the lack of rain, water restrictions and im not one to water my grass anyway. But i have nothing to mow. Its all yellow and crispy. Anyrate, not too far off topic. I bought the cheapest chainsaw at bunnings about a year ago. Its cleaned up my yard, and helped out a few neighbors. So i paid 119, theyre currently 99. I had to lop a tree yesterday and the chain was dull as anything. Got the tree down, but in big sections, and it was a punish. So i set out for a new chain today. So from the book i knew 3 numbers, but of those 3 numbers the 6 options which matched had 4 numbers. I read the back for model fitment and i went with the cheaper brand which said homelite but didnt list my model. Im guessing the replacement chain on a cheapskate chainsaw is a new chainsaw. Anyrate. Turns out it fits. So first few cuts i adjusted chain tension. But i thought brand new this thing was dangerous. An aftermarket chain, shes deadly. Reliability, well, its right up there. Its been 3 or 4 months and yeah, its been sitting with minimal fuel, but a fresh tank and it cold started like a warm start. Im yet to even swear at the thing. Its seen more use then what its worth. I payed for itself just tidying up my yard. But its also been shared around helping out neighbors so its been thrashed a bit. But eh, ive got to know people better, who would have thought a 35cc homelite chainsaw could do that?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: