View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #155
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
You have to look at the bigger picture though, Holden had just invested $1b for an entirely new car in the VE which came off the back of some of the most profitable years in history when they we're running 3 shifts and pumping out 100k units a year, not too many would have predicted the GFC or a complete change in buying trends in such a short period of time.
The old car was well and truly past its use by date, so you can't blame them for looking long term.
Falcon remained largely untouched for almost 20yrs by the time it shut shop in comparison.
Reasonable comments too...plus don't get me wrong, I see NO issue with government "support" as every other country does the same in different ways..eg Thailand sets up a FTA with us and promtly kills Territory imports by a engine capacity "levy" so that it costs the same as a BMW X5. I think a 3:1 deal was great, "Gov give you some and you put in the rest and Gov dosen't have to pay unemployment benefits or retraining programes or have a sea of "employment" companies pop up that make their owners very rich....

PS I take upbridge at the "largely untouched" Falcon comment but then again I know the people who "did nothing" on it from 1996 to 2016, lol....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: