View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #58
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Most people are probably like me and just put the savings from the interest rate cuts straight onto the mortgage, rather than pay less.

Sports cars and the like, which are more often than not indulgent purchases are the first to go. Just look how much Mustang has dropped.

Although the Everest has steadily improved in sales. Takes a while to build a new nameplate. Not sure if it's still the case but it had improved month over month year to date for quite a while.
Keep in mind that the biggest draw card Everest has is a 2.0 diesel and ten speed auto.
A lot of buyers that Ford is trying to attract from say, Toyota are still capacity centric
and probably expect a three litre engine, so that's probably the first change needed.
Right products, right segments.

Economy pressure is more discreet than people stop buying sports cars, it might be a
litmus test but the pressure is not across all people, it's like the tight budget households
are going with the Koreans instead of Japanese but as Bent said, loyal buyers seem to be
sticking in the over thirty thousand dollar segments. That should be encouraging to Toyota
and other manufacturers that they can indeed do more in those segments.

^^^^ And this is what I was alluding to in earlier posts, there's a lot of room for someone
like Ford to offer more in the upper segments and get good gains there rather than trying to
compete with Corolla and the like, those will continue to be cannon fodder for the Koreans.

I know that Bent can't see that happening because until Ford has the products to challenge,
then it's just a theoretical conversation, the next step is for Ford to man up and give Aussie
buyers more of that they crave....

Last edited by jpd80; 07-11-2019 at 06:39 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: