View Single Post
Old 30-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #172
XRPete

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I'm going to just put this advice out there: When changing a battery or jump starting another car (don't do that, unless it's impossible to avoid)...

Disconnect anything you have plugged into the USB port in the centre console.

I'm still looking, and some of these soldered pins are really small - so are hard to test, but I think I've found a difference between the 2 test boards I have, and it appears to be in the USB area. In fact, I'd go as far as suggesting - don't ever use that port to charge anything. Light weight USB memory sticks only.

(This advice will possibly just be one of those things people repeat, but I don't think it's bad advice. Can anyone with a broken screen confirm they had nothing at all plugged in? I always have a 32GB stick in there.)

Hi JasonACT,

I didn't have anything plugged into my USB port at the time when mine died.

I actually stopped using it after 2-3 uses, as it charged terribly and had connectivity issues with my iPhone 7+ <=(could of been an app problem though, as i use Youtube Music, not spotify etc). but nothing connected at start up of the car.

i do remember however, that before my screen died, a month-ish prior to that. my screen did turn off temporary and came back on that same day.

Could it possible that using the USB port when something is connected, can deteriorate the FDIM slowly? like slowly burning out tracks?
XRPete is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: