View Single Post
Old 20-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #5810
Schtoo

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello All.

I got an email telling me to say hello here, so I'm doing that.

Almost across the line to go out and find myself a XR6T BF ute not because I 'need' one, but because I 'want' one and can easily convert that to 'need' if I wish. So I joined up to see what I can find out about said creature before going hunting in earnest.

Also got an 'older' Falcon in the garage that might be worthy of my being here sans BF Falcon.

It's a 1964 XM Deluxe Wagon, 170 with Fordomatic and recently got a 'restoration' it didn't really need, but got anyway. Drove it to work yesterday and was the first time it's been driven by me in a while (dad usually takes it out once a month or more) and it's got some things that kind of rub me the wrong way that I want/need to make good. I drove it daily for about 6 months 20 years ago, and it's not quite the same car to drive as it was then. Not all bad, but not all good either.

Case in point, the additional electric fan actually does something now. Many an hour were spent on the roadside trying to get some heat out of it. Now flick the switch and the temp goes down nicely. Cool! Doesn't mean the cooling system doesn't need correcting, only that it's not critical at this stage.

And the brakes work better than they used to, pity they have NO feel in them at all. I'll take a little feel in exchange for outright performance because they feel like they'll work then lock and the first I'll know about it will be the thing pirouetting down the road in a blur of green/white/chrome.

That's about it for now, I'll go look at what else is around before I starting poking and prodding you folks for info.

Stu.
Schtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: