View Single Post
Old 13-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #153
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I had no luck getting the LCD board to fire up without the smaller board connected - so I put it on hold until we know if the MOSFET fixes things.

Back to my little ICC projects this weekend though... The new radio unit I have is from G6E and complains about not being able to talk to the AMP. I checked out my wiring:

Nope, no AMP connectors are present - so there will be no wires for one elsewhere in my car :(

I found one on ebay for $30 though, so I prepared my new unit:

AMP connections, and medium speed CAN BUS available when I need it by pulling out the tissue box holder! I didn't bother to expose the AMP's shield wire, I'll sort something out later if there's any issue.

I noticed the AMP uses its own 20A fuse, which I also don't have, but I think I'll just wire it into the cigar plug - which is also 20A. The only thing I ever had connected to that was my GPS - which is now in the centre console box for use when the maps in the ICC are out of date for the route I enter (shouldn't happen too often).
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: