Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #162
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Bought a new toy, oops I mean a new tool. Ha ha, what do they say about boys and their toys…..

I have been meaning to buy a new line trimmer for a while now. With this purchase the most important thing at the top of list was for it to be as light as possible. Power is usually at the top of my list and I would always recommend buying the most powerful machine you can afford as this makes the job easier. However power isn’t my main requirement for a line trimmer because 99% of my jobs are regular weekly / fortnightly services and therefore I’m only taking off fine over growth from the edges. This machine is a Husqvana 522L and is basically the entry level professional grade model. Petrol line trimmers range from about 4kg up to about 9kg for a heavy duty brushcutter, with the 522L weighing in at 4.2. Most of the models I was looking at ranged from about 4.2kg to 4.8kg. Now this might not sound like much on paper, but I can tell you from experience, your body can certainly tell the difference, particularly after a days use. The other benefit of a lighter machine is its ability to be angled with ease to suit different cutting situations.

This purchase is a bit of a break in tradition for me owing to the fact that I have always been a Stihl man. In affect I’m swapping one orange brand for another and looking forward to seeing how it performs. I love buying new tools for my business, especially if they make the job easier.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: